|Listed are the research projects initiated by the Department:
- Comparative growth performance of white seeded and black seeded Moringa oleifera.
- Evaluation of site quality for Gmelina arborea, Terminalia arjuna and Albizia lebbeck
- Assessing Carrying Capacity of Rangelands of Punjab
- Prospects of Range Development in Punjab (Pakistan)
- Nutritional Status of Fodder Trees of Range Lands (Jand, Phullai, Ber, Mallah, Kikar, Siris and Toot)
- Rangeland Plant Inventory
- Socio-economic evaluation of agro-grazing in Punjab (District Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Okara and Sahiwal.)
- Vegetation Dynamics in Salt Range
- Growth Performance of Different Forest Tree Species Raised by Sowing and Planting Using Different Irrigation Methods
- Growth response of different valuable Forest tree species planted with bare rooted planting technique
Increase in human population, Habitat Shrinkage, Droughts and over exploitation of Wildlife resources have necessitated to identify research initiatives in various disciplines of wildlife for sustainable management, propagation and conservation of wildlife resources. Following research initiatives have been identified for private sector:
- Captive Breeding Parameters for local people
- Hatchery Husbandry for General Public
- Population dynamics of endangered wildlife species
- Short term, midterm and long term management plans
- PRAs for local communities (Participatory Rural Appraisal)
- Disease diagnosis and medication
- Vaccination and passive immunity
- Animal behaviour with special focus on peripheral males
- Food preference
- Effects of seasonal changes on Wildlife
- Limnological parameters
- Siltation and Eutrophication
- Biological control of dengue
- Studies on the basics of Biofloc Technology, special emphasis on (C:N) ratio as a control element in Aquaculture System (Aquaculture & Pathology Section and Chemistry Section).
- Comparative studies on growth and survival of different species of fresh water prawn (Biology & Ecology Section).
- Seasonal changes in distribution and abundance of Moina in different water bodies of Lahore city (Biology & Ecology Section).
- Optimization of feeding rate of Moina with green water bearing Chlorella (Biology & Ecology Section).
- Use of natural antioxidant coatings for quality preservation in frozen fish (Chemistry Section).
- Comparative analysis of various sources of waters for enhancing fish production in district Lahore (Chemistry Section).
- Formulation of low cost fish feed employing locally available ingredients for the culture of Cyprinus carpio (Nutrition Section).
- Effects of yeast supplemented diet on growth performance of Labeo rohita fingerlings (Nutrition Section).
- Developing new fast growing strain of tilapia by hybridization (Genetics & Breeding Section).
- Sex reversal of tilapia by fry immersion technique using 17-α methyl testosterone (Genetics & Breeding Section).