- Pest Management
- Research Trials
Carrying out surveys and population censuses of various forest pests and diseases for the proper identification of the problem to find and execute the control measures for remedy.
The department aims at communicating with local and Foreign Pest Control Agencies, Plant Protection Department (Karachi) and Forest Entomologist at Pakistan Forest Institute (Peshawar) with regards to pest control management.
Reasearch trials are carried out to control pest, percupine and termites attack on nurseries and young forest plantations.
Major Diseases and Insects Causing Diseases
- Kail Dieback. (Fusarium & Phytophtora Spp. etc.)
- Shisham Dieback. (Fusarium & Phytophtora Spp. etc.)
- Kikar Dieback. (Fusarium & Phytophtora Spp. etc.)
- Shisham Defoliator (Plecoptera reflexa)
- Shisham Leaf Minor (Leucoptera sphenograpta)
- Shisham Leaf Roller (Dichomeris eridantis)
- Kail Defoliator (Bistron regalis)
- Poplar Defoliator (Ichthyura anastomosis)
- Semul Stem Borer (Apriona cenerea)
- Powder Post Beetle (Sinoxylon anale)
- Bakain Defoliator (Ascotis imparata)
Other Diseases affecting Shisham
- Ganoderma Lucidum (Fungus of roots)
- Pin Hole Beetles (Borers of Shisham)
- Long Horn Beetles (Borer of Shisham)