Fish Quality Control Laboratories (FQCL) with latest machinery and technically trained staff, is fully functional since july, 2012 for chemical and microbiological analysis of water, fish and fish products. The Labs, tests the quality of fish and fish products as per international standards. The Punjab Standard and Quality Fish Rules (PS&QFR) 2013, have been prepared and are in process of approval/notification.
FQCL has two major sections:
- Chemistry Section
- Microbiology Section
- Presence of Black Spots
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Biochemical Oxygen D.
- Chemical Oxygen D.
Fish and Water Parameters
- Total Aerobic Plate Count
- Fecal Coliform
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Salmonella cholera
- E. coli
Fish and fish seed producers can get their fish and water quality tested from FQCL in terms of chemical and microbiological parameters. The labs also help the producers to select good quality feed ingredients for better fish production.
Exporter & Importers
There are different standards for each importing country and the exporters/importers have to fulfill such standards. The exporters/importers can get analysis of fish and fish products from FQCL.
FQCL is providing technical guidance and lab facilities to the researchers of various universities/institutions. Presently, the students from three universities i.e. Punjab University Lahore, Government College University, Lahore and University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore are being facilitated in the public interest.
After notification of PS&QFR (2013), FQCL will help the masses through the availability of healthy and quality fish and there will be a permanent check on the markets to sell good quality fish only.
Rates of fee for registration certificate for fish processing plant, firm or fish exporter/trader
- Application form “A” for registration of fish processing plant, firm or fish trader. Rs.500/-
- Registration of fish processing plant/establishment. Rs.50,000/-
- Renewal fee for registration of the fish processing plant, (freezing/Canning plant, firm or fish trader) within one month of expiry. Rs.20,000/-
- Renewal fee for registration of processing plant after expiry of one month. Rs.30,000/-
- Duplicate Registration Certificate fee. Rs.35,000/-
- Re-registration after cancelation of registration. Rs.50,000/-
Rates of fee for issue of certificate of Quality and Origin and other certificates for export of aquaculture products and for analysis of various parameters
- Certificate of Quality and Origin (Tests fee excluded). Rs.2,000/-
- Any other certificate to meet the requirement of the importing country or buyer requirement or for any other purpose. Rs.2,000/-
- Results of any specific tests (cost of tests will be in addition to this amount). Rs.2,000/-
- Organoleptic tests, Physical tests, TMA-N or TVB-N, pH, etc. Rs.400/-
- Heavy metals (for each metal per sample). Rs.500/-
- Microbiological analysis (for each test per sample). Rs.1000/-
- Other tests (As determined by authority).
Manawan Complex Lahore
Wahga Road Lahore near Manawan Police Station
Phone: (042) 36523272, 36522895-6