Director General Fisheries, being the operational head is responsible for the following:
- To assist the Secretary, Government of the Punjab, FW&F Department being Chief Technical Advisor on Fish and Fisheries in the Province.
- To ensure Management of Fisheries on scientific lines.
- To keep financial discipline in the Department.
- To maintain professional liaison with national and international organizations in connection with promotion/ conservation of Fisheries/Aquaculture.
- To plan development projects on Fisheries.
- To prepare the budget of Fisheries Department.
Deputy Director (Admin)
- To assist the Director General Fisheries regarding all administrative matters.
- To keep liaison with all Directorate of Fisheries for proper compliance on policies and administrative affairs.
- To maintain proper record of staff strength, vacancy position and service records etc.
Deputy Director (Planning & Development)
- To supervise the budget preparation and financial periodicals.
- Reconcile the department’s income/receipt and expenditure reports.
- To conduct, DAC/PAC to settle the audit paras.
- Coordination in development schemes with the respective officers, preparation and achievements of targets for income, fish seed and stocking etc.
- Progress monitoring, evaluation, appraisal and feed back of project management.
- Preparation of reports and working papers etc.
- Management, co-ordination and scrutiny of statistical data on Fish and Fisheries.
- Streamline of evaluation and monitoring efforts through co-ordination and arranging facilities of the personnel working in the department.